Mint Cheesecake Bites
- 3 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (40 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 drops green liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Stir together cookie crumbs and butter; press mixture into bottom of an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread cream cheese mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Place chocolate morsels and shortening in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge bag in hot water until chocolate melts; gently knead until mixture is smooth. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of plastic bag; drizzle chocolate over cheesecake in a crisscross pattern, if desired. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mint Cheesecake Bites Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Cheese, Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This