Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Shrub cocktails get their tart pucker from vinegar.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup elderflower liqueur
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Chilled sparkling wine
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- Muddle first 2 ingredients in a cocktail shaker to release flavors; add elderflower liqueur and next 3 ingredients. Fill shaker with ice; cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into 8 (8-oz.) glasses; top with sparkling wine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note