I had a huge wild salmon in fridge, almost 2 lbs. so decided to put two eggs in, and added chopped green onions to add color. Two pieces of zucchini were grated in blender and drained. The patties weren't firm enough so I had to roll them in flour first before the breadcumbs(I used Italian style panko). They tasted pretty good dipped in tartar sauce. If I make this again, I would modify the recipe so its gonna come out firm and crispy. Maybe I'll bake instead of frying in oil, healthier and not too messy.
Mini Wild Salmon Cakes
Fresh wild-caught Alaska salmon is one of the most amazing flavors of summer and Whole Foods Market is particularly careful about where it comes from. For a decade, we've been offering seafood from MSC-certified sustainable fisheries and wild Alaska salmon is just one example. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2551.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound(s) skinless wild-caught salmon fillet
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (about 1 pound), finely grated and squeezed firmly to remove excess water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) plain bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper then cook, flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Once cool, break into small flakes in a bowl, removing any bones. Add zucchini, mustard, egg and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Form salmon mixture into 16 (3-inch) patties, coating each lightly in breadcrumbs. Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook half the patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt; repeat process with remaining patties. Serve salmon cakes hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note