Mini Turkey Burgers
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.06
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 589
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 44g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 pounds ground (93% lean) turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dozen square dinner rolls, split and warmed
- 4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
- 12 cracker-size slices Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- Cook onion in olive oil in heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to a bowl. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Break up turkey, crumbling meat into bowl with onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, then gently toss meat and onion together to blend. Form turkey mixture into twelve 2-inch patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange open rolls on a platter and top each bottom with a lettuce leaf.
- Heat skillet used for onion over medium heat until hot. Add 6 burgers and cook for 3 minutes. Turn burgers over, place a slice of cheese on top, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes more, until burgers are cooked through. Put burgers on lettuce-lined roll bottoms, followed by roll tops. Repeat with remaining burgers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note