I didn't have any amaretto, but I did substitute the almond extract which I felt really made it a 5/5. Beautiful presentation. I made and assembled this 24 hours a head of time and it was perfect. Making it again this week.
Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
Instead of biscuits or shortbread, this sweet concoction uses packaged ladyfingers, which give it a light texture that's good on blazing days. Individual desserts are easy to serve—no cutting or scooping—and easy to eat. (They'll disappear in a flash!)
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3- or 3.4-ounce) package ladyfingers
- 1. Combine strawberries, amaretto, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Let stand about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and whipping cream in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone cheese and vanilla.
- 3. Layer ladyfingers, mascarpone mixture, and strawberry mixture in 6 (9-ounce) bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note