I use this recipe every year at Passover and it is the best salmon croquette recipe, hands down...and I'm not a fan of croquettes, typically.
Mini Salmon Croquettes
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 2 (14.75-oz.) cans pink salmon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted matzo meal
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Mixed baby salad greens
- Lemon-Dill Sauce
- Thin Potato Kugel (optional)
- 1. Drain salmon, remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a large bowl. Add onion and next 5 ingredients. Stir in eggs and matzo meal. (Batter will be wet.)
- 2. Shape salmon mixture into 14 (1-inch-thick, 2-inch-wide) patties.
- 3. Cook, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired. Serve immediately over mixed baby salad greens with Lemon-Dill Sauce and, if desired, Thin Potato Kugel.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Place patties in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined pan. Cover and chill 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This