Mini Red Pepper-Mushroom Pizza
Although you only use half of the bell pepper in this pizza, go ahead and roast both halves; use the other half in a sandwich.
Yield: 1 serving
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.4g
- Carbohydrate: 58.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 829mg
- Calcium: 589mg
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon sliced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (6-inch) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup torn spinach
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bell pepper half, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop. Combine bell pepper, juice, and garlic, stirring well.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- Place crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread bell pepper mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle basil evenly over bell pepper mixture; top with spinach. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over spinach; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Red Pepper-Mushroom Pizza Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes