Absolutely delicious! Everybody loved them, definitely a keeper for future parties.
Mini Prime Ribs and Yorkshire Puddings
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4- to 6-pound) bone-in Prime rib roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Horseradish sauce or prepared horseradish*
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Stir together eggs, flour, and milk; cover and chill batter 8 hours.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place roast on a foil-lined rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 500° for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 30 minutes. Increase temperature to 450°; bake 35 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove roast, and let stand 15 minutes before thinly slicing, reserving about 1/2 cup drippings in pan.
- Spoon drippings into miniature muffin pan cups, filling one-fourth full.
- Bake at 450° for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir chilled batter; spoon into miniature muffin pans, filling half full.
- Bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until puffy and golden. Remove from oven, and make a well in center of pudding. Arrange Prime rib slices in centers; top with horseradish sauce or horseradish. Garnish, if desired. Serve warm.
- *1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt combined may be substituted for horseradish sauce.
- Note: Freeze Yorkshire Puddings, if desired. Let thaw at room temperature 30 minutes; reheat at 400° for 5 to 7 minutes. Assemble as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This