Mini Potato-Carrot Pancakes with Festive Sour Cream
Make these easy bites ahead, if you like. Once cooled, layer them between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container then re-crisp on a lightly oiled baking sheet in a 400°F oven just before serving. There are three choices for flavoring the sour cream—spicy, savory or sweet and sour. Choose your favorite or reduce the amounts to make all three and offer a variety. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2626.
- 1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) cranberry sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 large carrots (about 1/2 pound), peeled and grated
- 1 large russet potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled, grated and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- In a small bowl combine sour cream with your flavoring choice: chipotle pepper, mustard or cranberry sauce. Set aside. In a large bowl, fold together onions, carrots, potatoes, egg, flour, salt and pepper until well combined. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, form each pancake by dropping about 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture into the skillet. Space pancakes about an inch apart, flatten and cook, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total. (Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil to skillet halfway through.) Transfer to a paper-towel lined baking sheet to drain briefly. Serve with a teaspoon of flavored sour cream on each.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note