The flavor of these burgers is delicious - the sweet onion really makes the difference. However, I had a very hard time getting them to hold together. Almost half of them fell apart on me.
Mini Philly Cheeseburgers
Mini Philly Cheeseburgers are a family-friendly hit and ready in just 20 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 529mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 (1-ounce) slider buns
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Combine onion mixture and next 5 ingredients (through beef) in a bowl. Shape beef mixture into 8 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over high heat; coat with cooking spray. Cook patties 3 minutes; turn, top with cheese, and cook 2 minutes.
- 4. Arrange buns, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; broil 30 seconds. Assemble sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note