- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 (1-ounce) slider buns
- calories 400
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 529 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Combine onion mixture and next 5 ingredients (through beef) in a bowl. Shape beef mixture into 8 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
Heat a grill pan over high heat; coat with cooking spray. Cook patties 3 minutes; turn, top with cheese, and cook 2 minutes.
Arrange buns, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; broil 30 seconds. Assemble sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.