I was a little apprehensive when I pulled these out of the oven...they don't look all that appetizing. Ground turkey just doesn't cook up "pretty." Don't let that fool you, though...they're delicious! The pesto packs a huge punch of flavor. I thought they'd be dry, with no sauce and lean turkey, but they're surprisingly moist. Love the "muffin" presentation, too.
Mini Pesto-Turkey Meatloaves
More From Southern Living
Bake: 21 Minutes
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)*
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Gently combine ground turkey, next 6 ingredients, and 1/2 cup cheese just until combined, using hands. Spoon turkey mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and a meat thermometer inserted into centers of meatloaves registers 165°.
- *Fine, dry breadcrumbs may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Pesto With Basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This