- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)*
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Gently combine ground turkey, next 6 ingredients, and 1/2 cup cheese just until combined, using hands. Spoon turkey mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups.
Bake at 375° for 16 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and a meat thermometer inserted into centers of meatloaves registers 165°.
*Fine, dry breadcrumbs may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Pesto With Basil.