I made these for a dinner party and everyone loved them. I doubled the recipe and mixed the goat cheese with light cream cheese to save on cost and calories. . I will definitely make them again.
Mini Peppers Filled with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
Photo: Iain Bagwell
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 100
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 168mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 8 sweet mini peppers or gypsy peppers, stemmed, cut in half lengthwise, and seeded
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, ends trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler with rack set in top third of oven.
- 2. Toss peppers and asparagus in 1 tbsp. oil and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning often, until starting to soften and brown slightly, 6 minutes.
- 3. Whirl garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, chile flakes, and goat cheese in a food processor until just combined.
- 4. Spoon about 1 tbsp. cheese mixture into each pepper half and top with asparagus. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers