I made these for a dinner party and everyone loved them. I doubled the recipe and mixed the goat cheese with light cream cheese to save on cost and calories. . I will definitely make them again.
Mini Peppers Filled with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
For easy entertaining, set out this elegant, quick appetizer created by Sunset reader Priti Malhotra of Los Gatos, California. Serve it with a crisp wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 100
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 168mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 8 sweet mini peppers or gypsy peppers, stemmed, cut in half lengthwise, and seeded
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, ends trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler with rack set in top third of oven.
- 2. Toss peppers and asparagus in 1 tbsp. oil and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning often, until starting to soften and brown slightly, 6 minutes.
- 3. Whirl garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, chile flakes, and goat cheese in a food processor until just combined.
- 4. Spoon about 1 tbsp. cheese mixture into each pepper half and top with asparagus. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note