Mini Pear and Walnut Cheesecakes
"BOOKMARKS Putting Up Fruit: Recipes for canning, drying and freezing" by Michael Hastings. Recipe from "Put 'em Up! Fruit" by Sherri Brooks Vinton. Winston-Salem Journal: Wednesday, August 28, 2013. A gluten-free version of this treat can be made substituting almond flour for the all-purpose flour.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) walnuts, ground
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pinch(s) of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) Pear and Honey Preserves
- 1/2 cup(s) walnut pieces
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line mini muffin tins with paper cups.
- 2. Combine the walnuts, flour, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Add the butter and stir until well combined. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture into each cup. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, tamp the mixture down into each cup to form the bottom layer of the mini cakes.
- 3. Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Then, one at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Pour 1 scant teaspoon of cream cheese filling over the crust in each muffin cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove the tins from the oven and top each mini cake with 1 scant teaspoon of Pear and Honey Preserves and a few walnut pieces. Return to the oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note