Mini Orange-Currant Scones
Williams Sonoma Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 tablespoon(s) chilled unsalted butter cut into smallpieces
- 1/2 cup(s) currants
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 whole(s) orange zested
- granulated sugar or turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini scone pan.
- 2. In a bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles. pea-size crumbs.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl, add the currants and stir to mix. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and orange zest until blended and add to the flour mixture. Using a fork, stir to form large, moist clumps of dough.
- 4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press together with your hands until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough, flouring as needed into a 9 inch square about 3/4 inch thick.
- 5. Cut into 4 equal size squares, then cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles. Press each triangle into a well of the prepared pan. Sprinkle each scone lightly with sugar. Bake until the scones are golden, about 25 minutes.
- 6. Invert the pan onto a wire rack and lift off the pan. Let the scones cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Orange-Currant Scones Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads