Mini Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Photo: Tara Donne; Styling: Erin Swift
More From Coastal Living
- 60 miniature paper baking cups
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring gel
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnish: candy sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place baking cups in 5 (12-cup) mini muffin pans (or bake in batches).
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer in a large bowl; beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- 3. Combine cream and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add to butter mixture, alternating with cream, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling cups 2/3 full.
- 4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Top with Cream Cheese Frosting; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note