Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches
- 8 ounce(s) turkey breakfast sausage Removed from casings and crumble
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup(s) Shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup(s) 1% milk
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray (see Tip).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
- A good-quality nonstick muffin tin works best for this recipe. If you don’t have one, line a regular muffin tin with foil baking cups.
- Next: Nutrition Facts
This recipe is a personal recipe added by junglebunny and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch