I tested this recipe just as it appears. It was delicious! Check out the pics of my home kitchen version at http://wp.me/p3Vpiz-jI Only negative is that the kids didn't like it... so they just paired down to the regular meat-and-cheese on a bun. Everyone wins!
Tailgate Tip: Prepare sandwiches the day before the game. Place in zip-top plastic freezer bags, and refrigerate overnight.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) jars mixed pickled vegetables
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bottled olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 12 small dinner rolls, cut in half
- 6 Swiss cheese slices, cut in half
- 12 thin deli ham slices
- 12 Genoa salami slices
- 6 provolone cheese slices, cut in half
- 1. Pulse pickled vegetables in food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely chopped. Stir in olives and dressing.
- 2. Spread 1 heaping tablespoonful pickled vegetable mixture over cut side of each roll bottom. Top each with 1 Swiss cheese slice half, 1 ham slice, 1 salami slice, 1 provolone cheese slice half, and roll tops. Cover with plastic wrap. Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
- Note: We tested with Mezzetta Italian Mix Giardiniera pickled vegetables and Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note