Nice and simple dessert nibble. My guests did not rave over them though. The flavor is very mild. The center was set, but very soft, softer than a real cheesecake. The phyllo shell provided more crunch than the crust of any cheesecake, so crunch might have overpowered the creamy filling. They did look elegant. (I used shaved chocolate)
Mini Mocha-Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes
Look for prebaked minature phyllo dough shells in your supermarket's freezer section or at Middle Eastern markets. (There are usually 15 shells in a package.) Place the shells in minature muffin cups to prevent them from overbrowning.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 55
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 47mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 36 commercial prebaked miniature phyllo dough shells
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons toffee bits (such as Skor)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 1 phyllo shell into each of 36 miniature muffin cups.
- Combine coffee granules, hot water, and Kahlúa in a small bowl. Place coffee mixture, sugar, and the next 5 ingredients (sugar through egg) in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell; discard the remaining filling. Sprinkle cheesecakes evenly with toffee bits.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Remove from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note