I made desserts for a friend's wedding this summer and made these because the groom (& myself) are huge coffee-addicts. During the test run, I decided I didn't like the toffee bits on the top so for the big day I shaved a milk chocolate bar (somewhat frozen, made it easier and less messy to shave!) and put the shavings on the top instead. I also chilled them a bit before serving (NOT overnight - the shells get soggy). They were a big hit.
Mini Mocha-Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes
Look for prebaked minature phyllo dough shells in your supermarket's freezer section or at Middle Eastern markets. (There are usually 15 shells in a package.) Place the shells in minature muffin cups to prevent them from overbrowning.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 55
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 47mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 36 commercial prebaked miniature phyllo dough shells
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons toffee bits (such as Skor)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 1 phyllo shell into each of 36 miniature muffin cups.
- Combine coffee granules, hot water, and Kahlúa in a small bowl. Place coffee mixture, sugar, and the next 5 ingredients (sugar through egg) in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell; discard the remaining filling. Sprinkle cheesecakes evenly with toffee bits.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set. Remove from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note