- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or sharp Cheddar cheese
- Garnishes: sour cream, fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients, and shape into 6 loaves. Place on a lightly greased rack in a broiling pan. Chill loaves 2 hours, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until done. Spoon desired amount of picante sauce over loaves, and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired.