I made the recipe as described. It was a quick weeknight meal for the summer. If I wanted to make it even quicker, I might buy some fresh salsa instead of making it. I served it with grilled zucchini slices (tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper). I'll probably make it again just because it was easy & tasty.
Mini Meat Loaves and Potato Slices
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 567
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 840mg
- The salsa:
- 4 small ripe tomatoes, cored and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp. minced fresh jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- The meat loaves:
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- Whites from 3 large eggs
- The potatoes:
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic and salt in a medium bowl; mix well (To make salsa ahead, prepare to this point; cover with plastic wrap and chill, for up to 1 day, until ready to serve.) Stir in cilantro.
- Prepare grill. Put ground beef, tomato sauce, bread crumbs and egg whites in a large bowl. Mix with hands or a wooden spoon until well blended. Divide mixture into 4 portions and pat into ovals about 2/3 inch thick.
- Grill meat loaves over medium flame, turning once or twice, until nicely charred and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- While meat cooks, slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick; rinse and pat dry. Brush potato slices on both sides with olive oil and grill, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spoon salsa on loaves; serve with potato slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This