Made these for a cocktail party and they were a big hit. The latkes were easier to make than I thought. YUMMY!
Mini Latkes With Salmon-Olive Relish
More From Southern Living
Total: 54 Minutes
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), peeled
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsalted matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt to taste (optional)
- Salmon-Olive Relish
- Garnish: green onion curls
- 1. Grate potatoes and onion through large holes on a box grater. Pat grated potatoes and onion dry with paper towels.
- 2. Place potatoes and onion in a large bowl. Stir in lightly beaten eggs and next 3 ingredients.
- 3. Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot canola oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain latkes on paper towels, and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste, if desired. Top each latke with 1 tsp. Salmon-Olive Relish. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: To keep latkes warm before topping with relish, place on a wire rack on a baking sheet. Place in a 250° oven up to 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers