- 12 ounce(s) ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) mushroom chopped
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) chopped tomatoes
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 24 small wonton papers (near tofu)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
- Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.
- Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KaraCon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note