- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped lean ham (or 10 slices chopped light salami)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent-roll dough
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon prepared herb blend, 1 teaspoon paprika, or 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, optional
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375º. In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, ham, and scallions.
Roll out crescent dough onto a flat surface. Carefully divide it into the precut triangle shapes.
Add a heaping tablespoon of the ham mixture to the center of one of the triangles. Roll up the dough triangle, starting at the narrow end. Place on a cookie sheet; repeat with the remaining ingredients.
If desired, brush the tops with milk and sprinkle lightly with an herb blend, paprika, or Parmesan cheese. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Let cool and serve.
How kids can help: Cut ham and scallion using plastic knife; brush turnovers with milk and sprinkle with seasoning.