Very tasty - I prepared as written but added one Italian chicken sausage as my husband prefers meat in most dishes. I broke up and browned with the onions and garlic and added the raisins after a few minutes of sautéeing. Also added a bit of chicken stock along with the 1/2 cup pasta water and added a bit of dried red pepper flakes (we like a bit spicier). Next time I would add more fresh basil and mint, we love those two flavors together! Nice alternative to meatier pasta dishes.
Mini Farfalle with Roasted Peppers, Onions, Feta, and Mint
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Carbohydrate: 59.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 8 ounces mini farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, raisins, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until onion begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers; cook 4 minutes or until heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute, stirring to combine. Remove from heat; stir in feta, mint, basil, and black pepper. Sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This