The only thing we would do different is reduce the amount of ginger a teeny bit. Otherwise they were great!
Mini Egg Rolls
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 scallions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed packaged slaw mix (about 10 oz.)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (about 4 oz.)
- Salt and pepper
- 12 square egg roll wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and scallions. Sauté until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add slaw mix and bean sprouts and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool completely.
- 2. Cut egg roll wrappers in half. Have ready a small bowl of cold water and a pastry brush. Working with wrappers one at a time, lay each out so short side of rectangle faces you. Place about 1 Tbsp. filling toward bottom of wrapper. Pull bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold side corners over filling and roll up tightly, like a burrito. Brush far edge with cold water before closing. Continue with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 3. Heat 2 cups oil in a large skillet to 350°F. Put a few egg rolls in skillet (don't allow them to touch) and cook, turning over once or twice with tongs, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This