Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
These succulent two-bite crab cakes are excellent as an appetizer with the pepper sauce passed on the side or, for cocktail parties, give each one a small dollop of the sauce just before serving. You can fry them up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate between layers of waxed paper; reheat in a 200°F oven on baking sheets. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2818.
Refrigerate: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) lump crab meat
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil, more if needed
- Place crab meat in a large bowl and use your fingers to gently feel for and remove any pieces of shell or cartilage. Add green onions, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning and pepper and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, egg and 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and pour over the crab mixture. Toss until combined, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a blender, combine bell pepper, hot sauce, zest and remaining 4 tablespoons mayonnaise; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Form the crab mixture into 24 small cakes, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry cakes until nicely browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Drain briefly on a paper-towel lined plate and serve warm with the pepper sauce. Yield: about 24 small crab cakes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note