thesse crab cakes were tasty but a little dry. the sauce was very yummy and zesty i would make that again
Mini Crab Cakes With Garlic-Chive Sauce
Cook these mini crab cakes over medium-low heat to ensure a deep golden crust without overcooking the delicate crab. Pair with our homemade garlic-chive sauce.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 whole grain white bread slices
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Garlic-Chive Sauce
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Pulse bread slices in a blender or food processor 5 times or until finely crumbled. (Yield should be about 1 1/2 cups.)
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in breadcrumbs and crabmeat. Shape mixture into 16 (2-inch) cakes (about 2 Tbsp. each).
- 3. Cook cakes, in batches, on a hot, large griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Season with salt to taste. (Keep cakes warm in a 200° oven for up to 30 minutes.) Serve with Garlic-Chive Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes, we used Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Whole Grain White Bread.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note