- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 16 lemon wedges
- calories 65
- fat 2.2 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 199 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine 3 tablespoons water, vinegar, and sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling. Add celery; let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
Drain crabmeat on several layers of paper towels. Combine half of celery, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon chives, 1 teaspoon mustard, black pepper, salt, and egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add crabmeat and 1/4 cup panko to mayonnaise mixture; toss gently. Chill 15 minutes.
Combine remaining 3/4 cup panko, 1 tablespoon chives, and oil in a bowl; toss. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon panko in bottom of each of 32 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon crab mixture over panko. Top each cup with 1/2 teaspoon panko mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler to high.
Lightly coat crab cakes with cooking spray. Broil 1 minute or until tops are crisp.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, yogurt, remaining 1 teaspoon mustard, remaining half of celery, remaining 1 tablespoon chives, and hot sauce in a bowl. Top each crab cake with about 1/2 teaspoon sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.