Mini Corn Dogs with Green Chile Mustard
The mini corn dogs are great for kids and adults alike; a Mexican twist on the dipping sauce really kicks them up a notch!
More From Old El Paso®
Start To Finish: 35 Minutes
- Calcium: 0%
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 110
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Iron: 6%
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 610mg
- Sugars: 5g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Green Chile Mustard
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- Corn Dogs
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 pouches (6.5 oz each) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 egg
- Round wooden sticks with one pointed end
- 1 package (16 oz) beef hot dogs (8 hot dogs), cut in half
- 2 Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1. In small bowl, mix mustard and chiles; set aside.
- 2. In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches oil to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cornbread mixes, club soda and egg. Spoon mixture into tall narrow jar or glass. Insert sticks into hot dogs, leaving about 4 inches to hold. Roll hot dogs in flour; dip hot dogs into cornbread mixture, rolling to cover completely. Smooth batter with knife, if necessary.
- 3. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time in hot oil about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve corn dogs with mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Corn Dogs with Green Chile Mustard Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes