These are very tasty. The person that made them said they are a little putsy because you have to make the cornbread as well.
Mini Corn Bread Crab Cakes with Lemon-Caper Sauce
These Mini Corn Bread Crab Cakes with Lemon-Caper Sauce make for a delicious and colorful holiday appetizer. Any leftover crab cakes are terrific with a green salad.
This recipes goes with Buttermilk Corn Bread.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Crab cakes:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon (30%-less-sodium) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crumbled Buttermilk Corn Bread
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Cooking spray
- Fresh chives (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare crab cakes, heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. Combine bell pepper mixture, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and next 6 ingredients (through Old Bay); stir in egg. Fold in Buttermilk Corn Bread and crabmeat. Scoop mixture into 16 portions (about 1/4 cup each) onto 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly cover, and refrigerate 1 hour. Uncover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet with a metal spatula. Serve with sauce. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note