Very simple and good. Makes a nice, moist burger.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Whether you're planning for pint-size palates or simply desire to serve appetizer-sized portions of the American classic, these mini burgers are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Yield: Makes 20 burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) package party rolls
- 5 (3/4-ounce) process American cheese slices, quartered
- Condiments: mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, minced onion, dill pickle slices, tomato slices, lettuce leaves
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into patties, and place on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until done.
- Split rolls horizontally, and place a piece of cheese and a meat patty in each. Serve with desired condiments.
- Note: Place in heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags; seal and freeze. Remove desired number of burgers from freezer; pack frozen in lunchbox. Sandwiches will thaw in approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches