I made these for a party and they were wonderful. I doubled the recipe and followed it exactly. The guests loved these and they were so simple--I will definitely make them again.
Mini Caviar Parfaits
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (2-oz.) jar black caviar, chilled and drained
- Thin breadsticks, assorted crackers
- 1. Spoon sour cream into a 1-qt. zip-top plastic bag. Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole; pipe sour cream into 6 (2-oz.) shot glasses.
- 2. Combine avocado and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Mash with a fork, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Spoon avocado mixture over sour cream in shot glasses. Top each with tomato, egg, and 1/2 to 1 tsp. caviar. Reserve remaining caviar for another use. Serve parfaits with breadsticks and assorted crackers.
- Party Tip: We used less expensive, shelf-stable lumpfish caviar found near the canned tuna. It costs around $5 for a small jar. Another affordable choice is salmon caviar. Its bright orange color would look stunning atop each parfait. Try fresh caviar if your seafood department stocks it. It may cost a tad more, but you only need a few teaspoons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers