My husband & I both felt it was good enough to make again, but needed more flavor. Will try Paul Prudommes Seafood Seasoning in it next time. We used fresh wild caught catfish and would like to try a different fish sometime. Delicious with the caper sauce.
Mini Catfish Cakes
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 1/4 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)*
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Garnishes: Caper-Dill Sour Cream, fresh dill sprigs
- 1. Chop catfish into 1/4-inch pieces. Combine catfish, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients; gently stir until well blended. Shape mixture into 12 patties (about 1/4 cup each). Dredge patties in remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- 2. Cook patties, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers