This is my go-to appetizer, especially in the summer. I have brought it to so many parties! Quick, easy, and looks impressive I like to make it the night before, let it marinate a little.
Mini Caprese Bites
More From Southern Living
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 to 14 fresh small mozzarella cheese balls, cut into thirds*
- 32 (4-inch) wooden skewers**
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Thread 1 tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto each skewer. Place skewers in a shallow serving dish.
- 2. Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture over skewers; sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- *1 (8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, may be substituted.
- **Wooden picks may be substituted.
Grape tomatoes vary in size from week to week at the grocery store; some pints we found had only 24 while others had more than 40. Good news, you should still have enough mozzarella balls because they are generally sold in 8-oz. containers that have more than enough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note