easy to make. i used my own berries, but the scones were the star in this recipe. the crystallized ginger added a nice background flavor and the scones were nice and buttery.
Mini Berry Cobblers
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 18 ounces mixed fresh berries (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2. Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times. Pat into a 6- x 4-inch (1-inch-thick) rectangle. Cut into 6 squares; cut squares diagonally into 12 triangles.
- 3. Arrange 12 (3 1/2-inch) lightly greased miniature cast-iron skillets on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Divide berry mixture among skillets. Place 1 dough triangle over berry mixture in each skillet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 to 24 minutes or until fruit bubbles and crust is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note