Mini Beef Wellingtons with Mushrooms & Gorgonzola
Thaw: 40 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 8 (about 6 ounces each) beef filet mignons (1/2-inch thick)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped shallots
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- All-purpose flour
- 2 sheets Pepperidge FarmÂ® Puff Pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Season the beef with black pepper.
- • Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 10 minutes, turning the beef over once during cooking. Remove the beef to a plate. Cover the plate and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the beef is cold.
- • Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots and garlic and season with black pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring often. Remove the mushroom mixture from the skillet and let cool.
- • Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry sheets on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheets into 2 (14-inch) squares. Trim the edges to form 2 (13-inch) squares. Cut each square into 4 squares, making 8 squares in all.
- • Place 1 tablespoon Gorgonzola in the center of each pastry square. Divide the mushroom mixture evenly among the pastry squares. Top each with 1 filet mignon. Fold 2 opposite pastry corners over the beef, overlapping slightly, and press to seal. Brush with the egg. Repeat with the remaining pastry corners.
- • Place the pastry-wrapped beef seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate the pastry-wrapped beef and the remaining egg for 1 hour or overnight.
- • Heat the oven to 425°F. Brush the pastry-wrapped beef with the remaining egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the temperature of the beef is 117°F. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note