I made a sherry cream sauce for them instead of the tomato sauce but the wellingtons were awesome.
Mini Beef Wellingtons
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 8 (3-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or beef broth
- 1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add beef, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let cool.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in sherry.
- Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut into fourths. Place 1 fillet in center of each square; top with mushroom mixture. Bring opposite corners of squares together over beef, gently pressing to seal. Place on a baking sheet; brush with egg white.
- Bake at 425° on the lowest oven rack for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in skillet; whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth. Add bay leaf; simmer 20 minutes. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl. Serve sauce with Beef Wellingtons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This