I have prepared this recipe twice already & it was quick, simple and tasty. I actually have it in my slow cooker at this very moment for a home party tomorrow. I purchased the chicken strips, BBQ sauce & rolls at a warehouse store so it was cheap too. The second time I cooked it I left out the chipotle sauce & it was not as tangy but very good just the same. I also increased the chicken to 2-1/2 lbs & the sauce by another 8 oz so it took 3 hours.
Mini BBQ Sandwiches
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 (18-ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
- 18 dinner rolls, split
- Toppings: coleslaw, dill pickles, pickled jalapeño pepper slices, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 hours. Break up large pieces of chicken with a fork. Serve on dinner rolls with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This