- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces mild turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lower-sodium barbecue sauce
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add buttermilk, salt, and cheese; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Keep warm.
Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Combine sausage, sirloin, carrot, green onions, panko, black pepper, and egg in a large bowl, stirring just until combined. Divide sausage mixture evenly among prepared cups. Make a (1/2-inch-deep) indentation in the center of each meat loaf. Top each meat loaf with about 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 160°.