Wonderful and flavorful. I think adding the banana made it moist. I forgot to add the pecans to the batter before baking. So part way through I put them on the top. Flavor was still there but unfortunately it made the center of the loaves ink in the middle. Next time I will remember to add the pecans in the batter. Definitely will go in my keeper recipe file!!!
Mini Banana-Cranberry-Nut Bread Loaves
Photo: Luca Trovato; Styling: Dani Fisher
Use bananas that appear to be past their prime for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 5 miniature loaves
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, next 2 ingredients, and pecans. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups batter into each of 5 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch miniature loafpans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40 to 44 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks. Prepare Orange Glaze. Drizzle over warm bread loaves, and cool 10 minutes.
- Note: To make ahead, freeze baked, unglazed loaves in zip-top plastic freezer bags. Thaw loaves at room temperature. Reheat loaves at 300° for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with glaze.
- TRY THIS TWIST!
- Regular-Size Banana-Cranberry-Nut Bread Loaves: Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note