A friend made this for me last Christmas and we loved it! Now I have the recipe and questioned if anything other than fresh cranberries could be used since they are seasonal and would love to make this during the year. I saw the substitution with dried cranberries- has anyone used anything else like frozen cranberries or maybe jellied cranberry sauce?
Mini Banana-Cranberry-Nut Bread Loaves
Photo: Luca Trovato; Styling: Dani Fisher
Use bananas that appear to be past their prime for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 5 miniature loaves
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, next 2 ingredients, and pecans. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups batter into each of 5 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch miniature loafpans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40 to 44 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks. Prepare Orange Glaze. Drizzle over warm bread loaves, and cool 10 minutes.
- Note: To make ahead, freeze baked, unglazed loaves in zip-top plastic freezer bags. Thaw loaves at room temperature. Reheat loaves at 300° for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with glaze.
- TRY THIS TWIST!
- Regular-Size Banana-Cranberry-Nut Bread Loaves: Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads