GREAT RECIPE! I used cupcake cups, did not oil the bread, which gave the bread a crisp edge. I over filled the bread pockets with the egg mixture. I salt and peppered the eggs prior to pouring. I used leftover little smokies on top of the egg, then a light dusting of cheese and topped it off with scallions. Served it with salsa on the side. It was great!! You can do soooo much with this recipe. Love it!!
Mini Bacon and Egg Tarts
Green onions add color and flavor, but they're optional. Omit them, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 39 Minutes
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 515mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- 2 slices smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Lightly coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. Press each bread slice into the cup of a muffin tin. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Cool slightly.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Combine milk and eggs, stirring well with a whisk. Divide the egg mixture evenly among bread cups. Sprinkle onions, if desired, and bacon evenly over tarts; top each tart with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This