Mini Apple Turnovers Recipe
Community Recipe from
- Mini Apple Turnovers Recipe
- Mini Apple Turnovers Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- Read reviews(9)
- Rate recipe
- These cute little pastries are so yummy! I'm tempted to hoard them for myself when I make a batch, but I always end up sharing. —Merrill Powers, Spearville, Kansas
- Grocery List
- Recipe Box
- Mini Apple Turnovers RecipePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 35 20 55
- •1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- •3/4 cup butter, softened
- •1 egg, separated
- •3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- •2 cups all-purpose flour
- •7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- •3/4 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- •1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- •Additional Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar, optional
- •Vanilla ice cream
- •In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Refrigerate the egg white. Beat egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water into cream cheese mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended. Shape pastry into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat.
- • Turn the pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 4-in. circles. Top each circle with apple mixture. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold pastry over filling and seal edges well.
- • In a small bowl, whisk egg white and remaining water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- • Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 dozen.
- Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
- Originally published as Mini
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Apple Turnovers Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes