Mini Almond Cupcakes from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 ounce(s) almond paste
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 3 ounce(s) all-purpose flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- baking spray with flour
- 2 ounce(s) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. To prepare cupcakes, place almond paste and granulated sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixture is sandy (about 2 minutes). Add egg white, and beat for 1 minute or until well combined. Add milk and oil; beat 1 minute or until well combined.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to almond mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute or until combined. Divide batter among 24 miniature muffin cups coated with baking spray (a scant 2 teaspoons batter each). Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- 4. To prepare icing, place cream cheese and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; beat for 2 minutes or until well combined and smooth. Tint icing, if desired. Top each cupcake with about 1 1/2 teaspoon icing.
- CALORIES: 158 FAT: 6.1g (sat.1.7g, mono.2.8g, poly.1.1g) PROTEIN: 2.1g
- CARB: 24.4g FIBER: 0.5g CHOL: 6mg IRON: 0.4mg SODIUM: 128mg
- CALC: 41mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mini Almond Cupcakes from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes