Mini Alabama Meat Loaves
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large green bell pepper, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped smoked ham
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 bacon slices
- Stir together ground beef and next 11 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Shape mixture into 12 (2- x 4-inch) loaves, and arrange on a rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Pour half of tomato sauce evenly over each loaf, and arrange 2 bacon slices over each loaf.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To make ahead: Omit tomato sauce and bacon. Wrap unbaked meat loaves in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, unwrap, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes