Elaine Boehmer first tried orange marmalade and ground ginger to flavor this pork, but the dry, powdery ginger just floated on top. Now she uses ginger marmalade, and the sauce clings deliciously. Serve the oven-braised ribs with rice to soak up the flavorful juices.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 426
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 1250mg
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- 5 pounds country-style pork ribs, fat trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup ginger marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place in an 11- by 17-inch roasting pan.
- 2. Mix soy sauce, marmalade, and honey. Pour over ribs; turn to coat.
- 3. Cover pan tightly. Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour. Turn ribs over, cover, and continue baking until the meat is very tender when pierced, about 30 minutes longer.
- 4. With a slotted spoon, transfer pork ribs to a serving dish. Skim and discard fat from pan juices. Pour pan juices into a bowl and serve to spoon over pork. Add pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note