The best minestrone soup ever!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Ribs Celery Chopped
- 1 Small onion Chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can(s) chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (11.5oz) can(s) tomato juice
- 1 can(s) tomato paste (smaller size can)
- 4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5oz) can(s) red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can(s) garbanzo beans/ chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley Chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked sea shell noodles cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- 2. ADD carrots. Cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, tomato juice and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- 3. MIX in the two kinds of beans, parsley, oregano and basil. Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended.
- 4. STIR in cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chickeedoodle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Minestrone Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes