- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peeled, finely chopped apples
- 1 cup cooked, drained, and crumbled ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground mace
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 6 baked (2 3/4-inch) tart shells
- Whipped cream
How to Make It
Combine sugar, apples, ground chuck, raisins, butter, molasses, salt, and spices in a small Dutch oven. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until butter melts. Simmer an additional 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon mixture into a chafing dish.
Place brandy in a small, long handled pan; heat just until warm. Pour brandy over mincemeat, and ignite with a long match. Stir mixture gently until flames die down.
Spoon warm mincemeat mixture into tart shells; serve with whipped cream.