Mincemeat Ice-Cream Pie
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (9-ounce) package dry mincemeat
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Garnishes: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press into bottom of a well-greased 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Bring mincemeat and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; boil 3 minutes. Cool. Spread mixture into crust.
- Stir together ice cream and next 4 ingredients; spread over mincemeat. Freeze 8 hours. Remove from freezer, and let stand 20 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note